Ai no Suna Necklace
kr 2 200
Wear a love-inspired grain of sand!
This heart-shaped grain of sand lay on a star-covered beach on Hatoma, a tiny island in Okinawa, Japan. On the very same beach as the star-shaped grain turned into jewelry. Both play parts in an interstellar love story:
Legend says that star-shaped sand grains covering some tropical beaches are the offspring of a romance. One made in heaven between the North Star and the Southern Cross, iconic star and star constellations, who fell passionately in love.
Ai no Suna is Japanese and roughly translates to love sand grain. Ai stands for unconditional love.
Fall in love with the piece for what it is–an exact model of a one-in-a-million grain of sand. It’s meticulously hand-selected, x-rayed at a research facility, and finally magnified in silver. Every intrinsic detail is intact.
- as a reminder of the strength and beauty found in the smallest things in life
- to connect to the beach, ocean, nature
- for a feeling of oneness with whatever you associate with the shape or the grain of sand
P.S. Arenophile = sand lover 🙂
pay from 273 SEK/month.
- The pendant is an exact model of a grain of sand found on a beach in Japan (via an MRI scan at a research facility).
- Sand grain in scale 9:1
- Adjustable silver chain with three length options for versatile styling.
- Come delivered in a multifunctional box for storage or decoration, ready to gift.
- Rolo chain adjustable to 40, 42, or 45 cm / 16, 17, or 18 in
- Size of pendant grain 12 mm/ 0,5 in (9x enlarged)
- Tag with OUAW engraved on top of the chain
100% recycled sterling silver
- After use, gently wipe every piece with a soft cloth to remove residue of makeup or oils from your skin, to keep the pieces from discoloring.
- If/when your jewelry needs polishing, use a polishing cloth or silver dip. If you use silver dip, finish by drying with a polishing cloth – it helps keep your jewelry beautiful longer.
- When not wearing your jewelry, store it in a jewelry box, a soft pouch, or an airtight bag. Please keep it away from sunlight and humid spaces like the bathroom.
- Arrange chains in loop shapes to avoid tangle and damage.
- Never force or pull chains.
- Use your good judgment of when to wear or not wear jewelry. And to never wear jewelry in natural hot springs, as found in volcanic areas.
- Finally, wear your jewelry with attitude and pride!
Look under the soft insert of the jewelry box your OUAW jewelry came in to find a small ziplock bag. If you store your silver jewelry in it when not in use, it will not tarnish as quickly. Not as fancy – but practical!