Paloa One Necklace
kr 2 500
A Sun-Kissed Unisex Necklace and Sand Grain
How about wearing the beauty and the feel of the beach and beach close activities around your neck wherever you go? Whether you’re a beach bum, hiker, swimmer, diver, or surfer, this piece is for you!
A necklace exactly shaped after a tiny translucent grain of sand found in soft, powdery sand on Oahu, Hawaii.
Paloa One is Hawaiian for a grain of sand.
Fall in love with the piece for what it is–an exact model of a one-in-a-million grain of sand from an iconic beach. It’s meticulously hand-selected, x-rayed at a research facility, and finally magnified in silver. Every intrinsic detail is intact.
- as a reminder of the strength and beauty found in the smallest things in life
- to connect to the beach, ocean, and nature
- for a feeling of oneness with whatever you associate with the shape or the grain of sand
Shouldn’t what is in Hawaii stay in Hawaii? Yes! That’s why there’s no sand from Hawai in the Akin sand jewelry holding worldwide grains of sand. And why this grain, after a trip across the ocean and an MRI scan, travel back to the same spot where it once lay. At least until sea currents or wind give it a new destination.
pay from 301 SEK/month.
- The pendant is an exact model of a grain of sand found on a beach on Hawaii (via an MRI scan at a research facility).
- Sand grain in scale 24:1
(the grain of sand is a tiny sponge spicule)
- The necklace has a slightly thicker Rolo chain, which fits both men and women.
- Delivered in a multifunctional box for storage or decoration, ready to gift.
- Chain length 50 cm / 20 in
- Width of pendant grain 26 mm/ 1,0 in (24x enlarged sand grain)
- Tag with OUAW engraved on top of the chain
100% recycled sterling silver
- After use, gently wipe every piece with a soft cloth to remove makeup residue or oils from your skin.
- When not wearing your jewelry, store it in a jewelry box, a soft pouch, or an airtight bag. Arrange chains in loop shapes to avoid tangle and damage. Please keep it away from sunlight and humid spaces like the bathroom.
- Never force or pull chains.
- Use a soft dry cloth to polish your jewelry gently.
- Silver will oxidize and darken with time and from contact with natural salts and minerals on your skin. If needed, use special polish or polish cloth developed for silver jewelry.
- Use your good judgment of when to wear or not wear jewelry. The general recommendation for all jewelry is to avoid wearing jewelry in a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, or steam room. And to never ever wear any jewelry in natural hot springs, as found in volcanic areas.
- And finally, wear your jewelry with attitude and pride!
Look under the soft insert of the jewelry box your OUAW jewelry came in to find a small ziplock bag. If you store your silver jewelry in it when not in use, it will not tarnish as quickly. Not as fancy – but practical!