kr 1 550
A Grain of Sand Found on a Beach in Madagascar
A tiny orange grain of sand picked up on a beach in Fort Dauphin, Madagascar, from what seems to be a dream destination for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers. The grain lay in Fort Dauphin, overlooking passing humpback whales, local fishers, ocean lovers, and surfers. Now ready to hang with you.
The name Voam-Pasika is sand grain in Malagasy, the language of Madagascar.
Fall in love with the piece for what it is–an exact model of a one-in-a-million grain of sand. A grain meticulously hand-selected, x-rayed at a research facility, and finally magnified in silver. Every intrinsic detail is intact.
- as a reminder of the strength and beauty found in the smallest things in life
- to connect to the beach, ocean, nature
- for a feeling of oneness with whatever you associate with the shape or the grain of sand
P.S. This necklace pairs well with pieces from the AKIN collection (featuring sands from all over the world) or our unisex necklaces in the GRAINS collection.
pay from 210 SEK/month.
- On the earrings are exact models of a grain of sand found on a beach in Madagascar (via an MRI scan at a research facility).
- Sand grain in scale 14:1
- The long loop means no need to attach a stud on the back
- Come delivered in a multifunctional box for storage or decoration, ready to gift.
- Size of earring in total, loop plus the grain 4 cm / 1,6 in
- Size of pendant grain 15 mm/ 0,6 in (15x enlarged)
- Weight per earring 2 gram
100% recycled sterling silver
- After use, gently wipe every piece with a soft cloth to remove residue of makeup or oils from your skin, to keep the pieces from discoloring.
- If/when your jewelry needs polishing, use a polishing cloth or silver dip. If you use silver dip, finish by drying with a polishing cloth – it helps keep your jewelry beautiful longer.
- When not wearing your jewelry, store it in a jewelry box, a soft pouch, or an airtight bag. Please keep it away from sunlight and humid spaces like the bathroom.
- Use your good judgment of when to wear or not wear jewelry. And to never wear jewelry in natural hot springs, as found in volcanic areas, as it badly discolors.
- And finally, wear your jewelry with attitude and pride!
Look under the soft insert of the jewelry box your OUAW jewelry came in to find a small ziplock bag. If you store your silver jewelry in it when not in use, it will not tarnish as quickly. Not as fancy – but practical!